|Fees, Processing Time & Payments|
· How to apply
1. Please submit your application to Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General as described in Step 3 of Authentication Procedures. You may submit your application in person, or use an agent (Power of Attorney not necessary). Please note that you may be required to come to the Visa Office in person to have an interview as deemed necessary by a consular officer.
2. Walk-in service is available during office hours. Appointment is NOT required for submission or collection of your authentication documents.
3. You or your agent will be able to pick up your documents on the date printed on your Pick-up slip. Mail-back document service is NOT provided.
4. You must pay the authentication fee once your application is processed and approved.
· Processing Time
Regular service: 4 business days
Express service: 2-3 business days
Rush service: 1 business day. Available only in extreme emergencies and subject to approval by the consular officer.
The above processing time is average and for reference only. Some applications may require longer processing time that a pick-up date cannot be confirmed until notified by the Visa Office.
1. Regular Service
Civil documents: $25 per item
Commercial documents: $50 per item
2. Express Service: an additional fee of $20 per item
3. Rush service: an additional fee of $30 per item
· Methods of Payment
1. You must pay your authentication fee upon collection of your documents.
2. (For walk-in service) Acceptable methods of payment are: credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), money order, cashier's check or company check.
3. Please make your check or money order payable to "Chinese Consulate General".
4. Please make sure you have the exact and correct amount written on your check/money order. No erroneous check will be accepted.
Cash, personal check or online payment is NOT accepted. No credit card other than a Visa or Mastercard is accepted.