|Fees, Processing Time & Payments|
· Application Procedure
1. Please submit your application to Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General based on your State of residence (Locate a Visa Office that serves your state). You may submit your application in person, or use an agent (Power of Attorney not necessary). Please note that you may be required to come to the Visa Office in person to have an interview as deemed necessary by a consular officer.
2. Appointment is NOT required for submission or collection of your visa. Walk-in service is available during office hours.
3. Please note that NO mail-in/online/fax applications are accepted.
4. You or your agent will be able to pick up your passport with visa on the date printed on your Pick-up slip, unless otherwise notified by the Visa Office. Mail-back visa service is NOT provided.
5. You must pay the visa fee once your application is processed and approved.
Note: Procedures for visa to HKSAR or Macao SAR visa do not apply. (Check more info here)
· Processing Time
Regular service: 4 business days
Express service: 2-3 business days
Rush service: 1 business day. Available only in extreme emergencies and subject to approval by the consular officer.
1. The above processing time is average and for reference only. Some applications may require longer processing time that a pick-up date cannot be confirmed until notified by the Visa Office.
2. Processing time for visa to HKSAR or Macao SAR visa does not apply. (Check more info here)
1. Regular Service
*Visa fee for certain non-U.S. citizens may vary from the list above based on reciprocal agreements. Please check with a Visa Office for special fees.
2. Express service: an additional fee of $20 per visa
3. Rush service: an additional fee of $30 per visa
· Methods of Payment
1. You must pay your visa fee upon collection of your visa. (Some HKSAR or Macao SAR visa applicants need to pay a Communication fee prior to submission.)
2. Acceptable methods of payment are: credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), money order, cashier's check or company check.
3. Please make your check or money order payable to "Chinese Consulate General"
4. Please make sure you have the exact and correct amount written on your check/money order. No erroneous check will be accepted.
Cash, personal check or online payment is NOT accepted. NO credit card other than a Visa or Mastercard is accepted.