|Careers with Consulate General of China in Chicago|
Consulate General of China in Chicago is recruiting two local employees and welcomes qualified applicants.
I. Position Overview
The employees will provide assistance in the Consulate General's daily work including but not limited to office work, outreaching and administrative work.
II. Basic Qualifications
1. The applicant should hold permanent resident status (Green Card) or passport of the United States and can be legally employed.
2. The applicant should be law-abiding and honest and has no crime record in the United States and other countries or unresolved issues including arrears and contract dispute with previous employers.
3. The applicant should at least have a bachelor’s degree.
4. The applicant should have a good command of both English and Chinese, including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
5. The applicant should have a good command of computer as well as office software such as WORD and EXCEL.
6. The applicant should be physically and mentally fit without unhealthy addictions.
III. Recruitment Procedure
1. Application: please download at the bottom of this page and fill in the Job Application Form, affix a recent color passport photo and provide copies of your passport, legal residence certificate and academic diploma.
Please mail or personally submit the above documents to the Consulate (Address: 100 W Erie St, Chicago, IL 60654) or email them to：firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2017. Please mention "Job Application" on the envelope or in the email title.
2. Review: the Consulate General will review the applications and send email notice to qualified applicants. There will be no notice or acceptance of inquiry for those unqualified.
3. Tests: there will be a written exam and an interview to test the applicants' command of English and Chinese as well as knowledge of the Consulate General's daily work. The applicants can refer to "Consulate General Event", "Consulate Information" and "Topics" on the Consulate General's website for relevant information.
4. Hiring: the Consulate General will hire the top two applicants based on exam performance. Once you get the hiring notice, please contact the Consulate General to discuss wages and other job-related matters.